Monday, August 16, 2010

Module 2 Treading Water!

Well, Activity One engaged my brain in learning about Blogs.I previewed the video " Blogs in Plain English" which began with a contrast of the news in both 20th centuries and now. I learnt that the news has changed from being general and limited to the fact that now anyone can be a reporter and publisher. That blogposts can be like newspaper articles but they can be up for discussion and that you can build relationships with bloggers with similar interests.In 2003 70million blogs were created, the number is mindblowing!!!
I then continued the module and created my own blog - I'm learning!
The google privacy tips reassured me that I can send visitors to my blogs and set permission for blog readers to follow my ramblings.
I really enjoyed visiting the links with the "Educational use of Blogs" particularly the "Art Projects for Kids" as this is a passion of mine and gave me some great ideas to use and adapt to my own class. Mrs Turnbull's classroom reinforced for me that students who lack reading and writing skills and that lack motivaton to practice chat virtually with friends making the ir audience more credible and less intimidating for them.
All in all this Module has been informative and interesting.
I will keep treading water and hopefully tackle a stroke or two next time. CU

1 comment:

  1. I think that you are definately taking a few strokes now Jan and have entered the wonderful world of Web2.0! One of the things I really like about Web2.0 is the different resources we are now able to access, like that of Mrs Turnbull's Blog. What a fantastic world of sharing and collaborating we have entered! I hope you are enjoying the discoveries!

    I love your Blog design!

    Amanda xox

    ReplyDelete